VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by chanza

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Compaq Armada 7350T.

Does anyone own one of these? Do you know if the cd drive can read cdrw's?

I know some older model cd drives have trouble with them, and thats the only reason I can think of that it's refusing to boot this damn cd.

Anyone? After spending the last 2 day's trying to get it to run an os.. any os at all, I'm about ready to chuck it back under the bed and set it on fire.

Reply 4 of 6, by chanza

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, I should probably be more specific...

"The next time I go into town" could well be months and months away... I last went in in july, to get my new guitar and amp:)

Also, "The next time I go into town" is heavily influenced by "My ability to get busfare and money for cd's", which would require me to "Get a job":)

Similarly, my ability to "Buy things online" hinges on "Getting a job".

I sure love being unemployed, mooching off my mum and just generally sleeping away the days:)

Reply 6 of 6, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
chanza wrote:

Compaq Armada 7350T.

I know some older model cd drives have trouble with them, and thats the only reason I can think of that it's refusing to boot this damn cd.

Definitely use a CDR instead of a CDRW if this is the case. But in response to your question, it's either a 20X or 24X CD-ROM drive, right? It's rather unlikely it would have a problem...

But...

What you could try is identifying the manufacturer of the drive and see if you could get a firmware update for it. It may fix the problem, but it's an inherently risky procedure.

I checked Compaq's tech support for the 7350T, it seems they don't have any ROMPaq's (as they call 'em) for that particular model. So beware if you do attempt this, you usually want to go to your computer manufacturer's website for firmware updates FIRST as they've been tested and/or adjusted for their hardware.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto