VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by unregistered

User metadata

I remember way back when I had first finished the original Prince of Persia, which undoubtably is, at the very least, the single most influential, and groundbreaking game ever made. Anyway, after i won the game I ordered Prince 2, and again was completely hooked on it!

Now, I'm not sure either it came with the rare "Prince of Persia: Official Strategy Guide" or I could of ordered it somehow. In any case, This great strategy guide included pics of a newer, graphically enhanced version of Prince of Persia 1. I played the first version 1.1, and later 1.3; this version had the same graphics. Was there ever an even newer version of POP1 for PC made with improved graphics?

If so, i was wondering what version/edition of POP1 this was and where I could get it. I think I saw it with a newly released title "Prince of Persia Collection" which includes POP1+2, and a demo or something of POP3D, but the price was too much for me, and I really only want POP1. I might buy it if I can find at a really cheap price.

I have attached a key image of this graphically enhanced version of POP1 from the strategy guide. Unfortunately, I lost this great Strategy guide for POP1 & 2. Luckily, I found a website devoted to it. (Note: that the copyright says 1992, three years after the initial release of POP1!)

Attachments

• pop-title.gif
    Filename
    pop-title.gif
    File size
    105.47 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by unregistered on 2003-10-29, 22:14. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 3, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Snover: If there isn't a mechanism to prevent people from registering names like that, you might want to think about registering them yourself so that people can't do that.

Reply 3 of 3, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Prince of Persia 1 (mac version) uses 640x400 resolution (mostly just rescaled)
Prince of Persia 2 (mac version) uses 512x384 resolution and looks really sweet (first five levels were completely redrawn, the rest just rescaled mostly)