VOGONS

First post, by SRQ

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have a local person with one of these willing to sell, but first I want to ask the forum if this board has any noted problems. Via 133A chipset- I think that's a good one, or is it the one that has problems with SB Live cards?

I'll google this myself, but can it take Tualatins? That'd be a heck of a thing.

Reply 2 of 5, by FaSMaN

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
SRQ wrote:

I have a local person with one of these willing to sell, but first I want to ask the forum if this board has any noted problems. Via 133A chipset- I think that's a good one, or is it the one that has problems with SB Live cards?

I'll google this myself, but can it take Tualatins? That'd be a heck of a thing.

Just to elaborate a little bit on what Candle said, the Via 133A chipset isnt natively compatible with Taulatins, but will run a single Pin Modded Taulatin just fine, pin modding apparently prevents dual processors from working, I havent tested it myself.

I cant say for that exact board but both of mine that use the Via 133A have no problems with SB Live cards.

The Via 133T boards are for Taulatin 😀

PS You could allways run 2x 1ghz Coppermine P3 CPUs their not much slower and it would make a great setup.

Reply 3 of 5, by SRQ

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm probably gonna find another 933 and just replace my current P3 system with it. Same system, bonus processor!
Other question: He's asking 200, that seems a bit high. Is that par for the course for a dual socket board with fans and processors?

Reply 5 of 5, by SRQ

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hmm well he wants 200 CAD for 512 and two 733s. Well above your price- that translates to 160 CAD.
I'll see if I can work him down to 100. Does anyone know if I could use my own 733, and my 933, and run both processors at 733 until I can get a second 933? That could help me cut down on the cost.

I.E can I use mismatched processors and run both at the slower speed?