VOGONS

First post, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I just regged and played a little with moslo deluxe!
I am amazed, it has so easy options for slowing down to 286/386/486 cpu's, and it is the 1st time I played Alone In The Dark 1 on my K6-II/450 pc (slowed to 386) and I could actually tap forward 2-times to make Carnby run! on fast pc's you must tap several times in order to make him run (speed issues with keyboard input I assume)
... now I must find how to exit the slow-downed command prompt (/c option) 😁 😁 😁

Reply 1 of 11, by Farfolomew

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So there's not a million customizable settings and a lot of proprierty speed unit settings that make all these other slow down programs complicated?

I've heard from other people that MoSlo deluxe was pretty good, but I thought it was just like all the other slow down utilities out there. If this one is easy to use AND actually works, then i'd surely buy it. I don't want to use a program that's difficult to configure, especially between games.

Reply 3 of 11, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Some time ago I also decided to purchase moslo deluxe. It says paypal somewhere, but in the actual checkout I can only select creditcard. I don't have a creditcard... 🙁

The shareware version is OK, but after some days it gives an expiration reminder screen. It doesn't allow passing of parameters and it only allows a percentual slowdown setting, as in 15% of current system speed.

Moslo uses many methods to slow down a PC, it is not unlikely that it also uses the 'throttle' method.
With Throttle I noticed issues with music and sound speed and also with palette fading and smooth scrolling.

Reply 4 of 11, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I found it easy to use!

there are handy switches for running it:
/p1 = 8088 speed
/p2 = 286/12 speed
/p3 = 386/25 speed
/p4 = 486/50 speed
/p5 = pentium1/166 speed

so you just run for ex. moslo /p3 wolf3d.exe and it runs wolf3d with 386 speed 😀
I cross-checked with SysInfo and the switches actually give the above speeds 😀

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 5 of 11, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
keropi wrote:
I found it easy to use! […]
Show full quote

I found it easy to use!

there are handy switches for running it:
/p1 = 8088 speed
/p2 = 286/12 speed
/p3 = 386/25 speed
/p4 = 486/50 speed
/p5 = pentium1/166 speed

so you just run for ex. moslo /p3 wolf3d.exe and it runs wolf3d with 386 speed 😀
I cross-checked with SysInfo and the switches actually give the above speeds 😀

Amigo...
If it works with Wing Commander 1 I'm convinced and will buy a license 😁

My retro computer stuff: https://lychee.jjserver.net/#16136303902327

Reply 6 of 11, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

only one way to find out!
will try it in a while... wc1 does not load at all? what is it's prob?

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 7 of 11, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keropi wrote:

Is the WC1 game one of those very difficult games to get running on anything greater or equal to a 486?

Reply 8 of 11, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
keropi wrote:

You hardware is probably too "new" for the origin game
Origin hadn't invented their warning during the game install that your hardware is too fast/good like they did in later games 😵

Reply 9 of 11, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

OK I tried it... what a bitchy game!!!
first of all you must not use EMS at all, it screws up the mouse movement in all game EXCEPT the fly mission part...
so I just used: moslo /p3 /r (to make it resident) and played under XMS configuration... mouse was a little jerky in menus but in-flight mode was OK as far as I can tell... it was not lightning-fast and pretty playable...
next test is to see if moslo behaves better with an intel cpu and a pci vga (tested with a voodoo3/agp)

Reply 10 of 11, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
keropi wrote:
OK I tried it... what a bitchy game!!! first of all you must not use EMS at all, it screws up the mouse movement in all game EXC […]
Show full quote

OK I tried it... what a bitchy game!!!
first of all you must not use EMS at all, it screws up the mouse movement in all game EXCEPT the fly mission part...
so I just used: moslo /p3 /r (to make it resident) and played under XMS configuration... mouse was a little jerky in menus but in-flight mode was OK as far as I can tell... it was not lightning-fast and pretty playable...
next test is to see if moslo behaves better with an intel cpu and a pci vga (tested with a voodoo3/agp)

hehe, wanna join the I-like-Wing-Commander-games-but-hate-Original-Club? 😉

Reply 11 of 11, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

maybe moslo will work ok if I put it on my 486/100 machine for this particular game... I will try that later , still need to install a HD...
I have also tried with 286 speeds, still OK but I cannot really judge... I need to run it on my 386/20 pc to find out if moslo does a good work with it!