User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Type at the Z:_
C:
Type at the C:_ CD 1944ATR line should read C:\CD 1944ATR press return
Type CD REQ line should read C:\1944ATR\CD REQ press return
Type install line should read C:\1944ATR\REQ\install press return

OK, at this point is when I start having problems.
The line that I'm typing reads C:\> of something like that. Then when I press enter, it says unknown or C isn't there. Please advise.
[/i]

Reply 21 of 27, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

please mount the C drive first. Check the guides forum for the 60 seconds guide to dosbox.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 22 of 27, by MarkTK36thIL

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

C:\>CD 1944
C:\1944ATR>CD REQ
Unable to change to: REQ

I've read throught the directions for the REQ part, and I'm a little confused by it.

Am I taking all the files from the REQ folder already there -after I cut and pasted it into my C drive- and pasting it into the main ATR folder?

Reply 23 of 27, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Use the "dir" command to look and see what directories & files are actually there.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 24 of 27, by MarkTK36thIL

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

0 Files are listed.
3 Dir 110,450,000 bytes free.

You'll have to be clear with directions, I've never really worked with DOS before.

Me = n00b

Reply 26 of 27, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Are you a n00b that can read?

Read my 60 Seconds Guide to DOSBox (and don't just read it - follow it too).

If that doesn't help, come back with details on how you mounted your C and D drives, how you did the install, how you configured sound, music etc.

Reading the aptly named README file will be a good idea too.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 27 of 27, by UK_John

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have reinstalled this following the instructions after a hard drive problem and I cannot get the game to see the digital side of the soundcard, but always finds the music side. After quite a while, I forget what I did to get it working, and in support of MarkTK36thIL the bit about copying the REQ files to REQ is a mite confusing. I am assuming a folder called REQ must be inside the folder called ATR?

EDIT: Got the sound working by reinstalling my drivers, so my baddie. I am so glad I have the manual though, as even after just 6 months or so I need to brush up on how to play the game! 😀