Rank Newbie
Rank

there's no music at all

Please help and I'm using SB Live Player 1024

Reply 2 of 6, by Guyper

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The Scvumm can't detect the game in the sky directory at all.

I just tried to play Sky with dosbox again and you know what? there's music actually, I had to turn the music volume in the game option and my speaker volume all up but the sound gets too loud then and I can still barely hear the music.

I think the game support for SKY is still not stable, please dosbox guys, release another version that would balance the sound and music for Sky.

Reply 4 of 6, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
Guyper wrote:

I had to turn the music volume in the game option and my speaker volume all up but the sound gets too loud then and I can still barely hear the music.

Maybe a problem with the SB mixer in DOSBOX (I saw this once before). Sometimes DOSBOX sets the volumes wrong. Change the SoundBlaster setting in DOSBOX.CONF. Set "type" to SB1/SB2 (these cards did not support setting of volume).
Alternatively you can probably set "mixer" to false to switch off mixer - without modifying SB type at all (I did not try this).
Of course, it can be still a problem with volume for MIDI in Windows as SNOVER said (if you do not use SB, but General MIDI/MPU 401).

Mirek

Reply 6 of 6, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I generally leave the mixer off because more often than not DOSBox doesn't get the sound levels right.

ScummVM is nice but I'm getting tired of the distribution of ripped down versions of the original game files into ScummVM games that are being distributed around the internet.

/Ieremiou

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.