VOGONS

First post, by h20 polo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried Baryon Shooter (1995) by Acro studios on Dosbox 0.62 emu.
It plays fine with sound but when I complete level 1 it doesn't proceed any further, instead it shows the ending sequence.

I tried another copy of the game, in case it was corrupted or something, but the problem persists.

If I try the game under WinXP without DosBox, it works without sound, up to a part in level 2 & then it restarts back to the options screen.

My System:
WinXP SP1
P4 2.4GHZ
768MB RDRAM
GeForce4 Ti 4200

Need some help please.

Thanks in advance.

Reply 1 of 3, by Joeyxp2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry for reviving an old topic but I am also having this problem and I can't find a solution to it. I am using the current CVS of DOSBox and it goes back to main menu after beating the first level.

The game seems to be unstable and when I went to the DOSBox games compatibilty list they indicate that the game is supported so I need to know the settings I need to use. I have tried disabling sound and enabling dynamic core and it still had problems and also tried increasing amount of DOS memory to 63.

Reply 2 of 3, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I was going to suggest trying an earlier CVS but seeing as how the original poster was using 0.62....it doesn't look like that'll help. Cool, an actual game that hasn't been broken by later CVS's! 😀

Don't have a game but it looks like it's on Underdogs if anyone needs it for testing.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 3, by Joeyxp2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I still don't understand why the others marked Baryon as supported and can you help me get the game to work? Because I am sure that the testers of the game tried some setting to make the Baryon work smoothly and I want to know what they did.