VOGONS

First post, by Daniel (Sweden)

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Folks!

I have been able to install Under a Killing Moon with dosbox and made all kind of configurations, and everything seem to work perfect. But when I am told to insert CD2 nothing happens. I press "ok" severaltime but it doesnt work, the only option available is the one that leads me back to dos. Does anyone else know about this problem, and hopefully of the solution.
I have read the README.txt file and replaced the Tex197.exe file, but it doesnt solve the problem. There should be no error on the CD since the game works in Win98 on my other computer!

Thanks in advance!

/Daniel (Sweden)

Reply 1 of 6, by basti007

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Probably a CD labelling issue? Probably the new label isn't read out when you switch the CD so UAKM can't recognize the new CD.

I have the same problem with UAKM, but already with the 1st CD.

And, we discovered similiar problems with Pandora:

Pandora Directive - no chance in 0.60?

Reply 2 of 6, by Daniel (Sweden)

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Basto007!

Thanks for your reply! Yes it seems to be the same problem as in Pandora. Well, i´ll keep my fingers crossed for the coming version of Dosbox, hopefully the problems will be solved. I can play UAKM on my other computer though, but Dosbox fells like the future ; )

The best of luck!

/Daniel (Sweden)

Reply 5 of 6, by pmist

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I see you wrote that generally you got Under a Killing Moon running well, I'm having real trouble. Can you give me an idea of your config, I've tried tonnes. My problem is that I can either get Movement mode running real smooth, or looking mode but not both. Any help would be awesome.