VOGONS

First post, by Tobias Blackburn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi.

I've been fiddling with getting Redguard working and have hit a snag. First, the opening cinematic won't play at all, either when starting a new game or when trying to start it from the menu. Second, the music doesn't play.

Character voices and sound effects are coming through nice and clear and in-game cutscenes work fine. In fact all other aspects of gameplay are working smoothly. I'm using the actual discs for the game, so I don't know if that is having an effect or how to get around it.

Thanks for any help.

Reply 1 of 2, by truth_deleted

User metadata

Review these posts here: http://www.zeus-software.com/forum/viewtopic. … &t=279&start=10. Here is an excerpt:

this game does not function well with the disk in the drive, virtual or physical. The music will skip and restart and the FVMs will either not play or not play well. You must create an ISO and access DIRECTLY THROUGH DOSBOX. Find the configuration file in the REDGUARD directory and change the "animation_drive" value to correspond to what you will place in DOSBox

Reply 2 of 2, by Freddo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Make a CUE/BIN file of the Play Disc and mount it in DOSBox by using IMGMOUNT and as mentioned above, make sure the animation_drive value in SYSTEM.INI (located where Redguard is installed) is correct.