VOGONS

First post, by Fexel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi!

The regular Version works just fine. I own the CD Version of this game. This one works NOT fine.

I can install it. Install means u configure the sound, graphic and controls. U have to start the game via emulated disc with the chaos.exe.

I can start the game, speed, sound, graphic no problem. If i start game playing my character often walks unstopable in a direction. i cant stop him. I have to push different directions for movement to stop autowalk. Then i can can play a while and after few moments the problem happens again and again.

Ive deactivated the joystick, cause i thougt its the problem. I choose keyboard/joystick in my setup, cause i want to play with keyboard.

There is no real joystick connected to my computer which could be the problem. So, what else can be the problem for this "bug" ?

I testet DOSBox 0.72, 0.74 and the SVN Daum.

Reply 1 of 4, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I have the US cdrom version, and the problem you describe does not occur here. I'm using DOSBox 0.74, default settings except cycles=6000 (the gameplay speed changes depending on cycles), and a BIN/CUE image of the disc mounted with IMGMOUNT. Are you choosing "One Player & CPU" when starting a game? When you select keys in INSTALL.EXE with the keyboard/joystick option, does it complain about not finding a joystick? It should if no joystick is active.

Reply 3 of 4, by Fexel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hey Ripsaw.

No, there come no message about joystick. I also tried different DOSBox COnfigurations. Its exactly the problem i had in real hardware if a joystick where stuck between two chairs or so 😀

I got an error in the setup that there is no joystick.

I play solo so yes, player and computer.

Reply 4 of 4, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

What OS? Which version (US, UK, etc.) of the game do you have? Did you try ~6000 cycles?

You might try disabling anything on the host that could cause problems. For example, the KVM software named "Synergy" has been reported to cause repeating keys in DOSBox.