VOGONS

First post, by nikkita

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hooray, I got Theme Hospital installed via DosBox and it is running great

Except the people are moving too fast 🙁 (and yes, i have the game speed on normal)

I've tried slowing down the CPU, but when I get it to a point where the game slows down (10%), it just lags.

Frame skips just does nothing.

Any suggestions?

I tried googling and found this site: http://www.dosgames.com/forum/about14965.html

But I don't quite understand which values I should change my settings to. Or is it just trial and error (don't want to break it here 🤣)

Reply 1 of 6, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

just like that post suggests, you can try changing these things at the prompt before running the game. Then when you find out what works for you, put it in the config file (it won't break anything - at worst you can delete the config file and the default settings will be restored).

I'd try setting fixed cycles first - that is "cycles=fixed 10000" (for example), and only then play around with the speed using ctrl-F11/F12.

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 3 of 6, by nikkita

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok, so i worked out it runs at around 37000 cycles.

ive changed the settings...but i seems to be getting the attached error after about 2mins of playing. =/

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Filename
    Capture.PNG
    File size
    130.04 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 4 of 6, by exofreeze

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just ran the game in 0.74, installed from the CD. I have my cycles set to MAX and the gameplay speed within the game set to normal, and the game runs perfectly fine for me. I played through the first hospital and got no crashes or speed related issues.

Reply 5 of 6, by nikkita

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

just tried those settings, and crashed 🙁
darn theme hospital. *shakesfist*

[edit]
now its crashing even on the default settings
GOODNESS
i think i might uninstall then reinstall.
just gotta make sure i save my games first.