VOGONS

First post, by mills26

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm trying to run Wacky Wheels using GUS emulated card in Dosbox, but I always get "Music sound card error".
I tested gus in lemmings 3 and, dig it!, it is working perfect.

Another queston...
Is it possible to rip GUS music as a fasttracker module, or something similar?

Thanks.

Reply 3 of 8, by mills26

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
peterferrie wrote:

You can use the GUS for the sound effects and the General MIDI for music, at least.
I'll take a look.

you need to set your "ultradir" environment variable to point to the directory that contains your "midi\ultramid.ini" file.

I wanted to use the GUS midi.

I already set the ultradir variable, and it didn't work.

Reply 6 of 8, by mills26

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Teppic wrote:

Do you have the pro patches installed? Wacky Wheels will only work without the pro patches.

GUS music in Wacky Wheels is in MIDI format. You can get it from mirsoft.info

Thanks I had the pro patches installed.

Reply 7 of 8, by mockingbird

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Anyone know why GUS support is broken for patched Apogee games?

For instance, ROTT unpatched works OK with GUS FX and Music. Patched it crashes at loading sequence for level, if you can make it past the errors in the sound setup.

Wacky Wheels, using full version "Registered and Upgraded" (I'm not aware of any official patches), the sound setup will simply throw an error when selecting GUS for music. The whole reason I want GUS for music in the first place is because it sounds a lot better than anything else.

Can someone take a look at GUS support? Thanks.

Reply 8 of 8, by Teppic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
mockingbird wrote:
Anyone know why GUS support is broken for patched Apogee games? […]
Show full quote

Anyone know why GUS support is broken for patched Apogee games?

For instance, ROTT unpatched works OK with GUS FX and Music. Patched it crashes at loading sequence for level, if you can make it past the errors in the sound setup.

Wacky Wheels, using full version "Registered and Upgraded" (I'm not aware of any official patches), the sound setup will simply throw an error when selecting GUS for music. The whole reason I want GUS for music in the first place is because it sounds a lot better than anything else.

Can someone take a look at GUS support? Thanks.

Can't speak for the other games, but GUS will not work in Wacky Wheels in real DOS with pro patches.

My AdLib recordings