VOGONS

First post, by BrianD1326

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello. I am running I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream in DosBox. The game works fine, in fact, basically perfect, whenver I run it normally. The problem starts when I try to record gameplay of it. Once I start recording video, the audio and video becomes progressively more screwed up. The audio skips, almost sounding like a scratched CD, and the video begins to hang and skip as well. After about 4-6 minutes, the game basically hangs in place as it becomes stuck with the completely distorted video and audio. As I said, the game works perfectly without recording. I don't think this is a problem that is specific to this game.

My PC setup is as follows:
HP Pavillion Elite m9500f
Operating system is Windows Vista 64-bit
Processor is AMD Phenom X4 9750 Quad-Core processor
8 GB Ram
Graphics card is NVIDIA Geforce 9500 gs
512 MB of video memory

If anyone could give me a hand with this, I would really appreciate it. I have not seen this problems mentioned elsewhere.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Reply 3 of 6, by garrynichol

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It could be some problem with your choice of video drivers in Dosbox. I had similar problems with a 3 button mouse until I changed the video in Dosbox to the "openglnb" virtual driver.

Reply 5 of 6, by BrianD1326

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the advice, but this has brought up another issue. I tried ykhwong's latest SVN build, but when I capture, it says it is recording but there is no actualy video being created anywhere on the system, so how do you get it to actually record, instead of claiming to and not actually doing anything?