VOGONS

First post, by reble1950

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The original file on the desktop computer were dosbox is on the c hard drive and the games is on the e hard drive works just fine.
------------------
c:\dosbox\dosbox.exe -c "cycles 9010" -c "mount c c:\dosbox" -c "mount e e:\games\dos-games" -c "e:" -c "cd bstone" -c "bs_aog.exe powerball radar"
-------------------
i am trying to adapt the bat for the laptop were the dosbox and the game are on the same hard drive but in difrent directorys. the changes i made aren't working. what am i doing wrong.
-------------------
c:\dosbox\dosbox.exe -c "cycles 9010" -c "mount c c:\dosbox" -c c: cd\games\dgames\bstone -c "bs_aog.exe powerball radar"
-----------------

steve

Reply 1 of 15, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

c:\dosbox\dosbox.exe -c "cycles 9010" -c "mount c c:\dosbox" -c "c:" -c "cd games\dgames\bstone" -c "bs_aog.exe powerball radar"
(assuming you have that game in the real path on your laptop in c:\dosbox\games\dgames\bstone)

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 15, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

then adjust the first mount accordingly...

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 5 of 15, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Think

Reply 10 of 15, by ripa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
reble1950 wrote:

the dosbox prog is in the c:\dosbox directory

the game is in c:\games\dgames\bstone directory

Your bat will work if you use use the line Dominus posted and put the game in c:\dosbox\games\dgames\bstone

Reply 11 of 15, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
reble1950 wrote:

-c "mount c c:\dosbox" -c "mount e e:\games\dos-games"

Please explain why you want DOSBox to mount itself.
Also, why assign the game to drive E instead of C?

Reply 12 of 15, by reble1950

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The original file is on the desktop computer were dosbox is on the c hard drive and the games is on the e hard drive works just great.
------------------
c:\dosbox\dosbox.exe -c "cycles 9010" -c "mount c c:\dosbox" -c "mount e e:\games\dos-games" -c "e:" -c "cd bstone" -c "bs_aog.exe powerball radar"
-------------------
i am trying to adapt the bat for the laptop were there is only 1 hard drive. the dosbox prog and the game are in difrent directorys. the changes i made aren't working. what am i doing wrong.
-------------------
c:\dosbox\dosbox.exe -c "cycles 9010" -c "mount c c:\dosbox" -c c: cd\games\dgames\bstone -c "bs_aog.exe powerball radar"
-----------------

Reply 14 of 15, by gidierre

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
reble1950 wrote:

i need to change the directory from the dosbox dir of "Z" to "c:\games\dgames\bstone" dir then start the game

why, you sure do but (as quickly remarked by Dominus) you also need to see that once you've mounted c:\dosbox as c: (why that btw?) to cd to your own c:\games\dgames\bstone dir there's no getting to it afaics
unless e.g. you start with
-c "mount c c:\games"

then you
-c c:

then
-c "cd dgames\bstone"
as opposed to: c c: cd\games\dgames\bstone which won't do

and finally there you go
-c "bs_aog.exe powerball radar"
or whatever is fit.

Last edited by gidierre on 2010-10-18, 23:11. Edited 5 times in total.

We often forgive those who bore us, but we cannot forgive those whom we bore. (La Rochefoucauld)