Bus Width: 128 Bit
Memory Size: 8 MB
Driver Version: igxprd32 6.14.10.4957/XP
GPU Clock: 400 MHz
Memory: 0 MHz
Default Clock: 400 MHz
Memory: 0 MHz
DOSBOX version: 0.73

Hello there. I just recently decided to get into MS-DOS games and I have two so far. Prince of Persia and SimCity 2000, both for the MS-DOS. I've been having a problem with both games lately. Here are the problems I have been having recently:

Prince of Persia: Runs just fine, with correct music and the same gameplay you all remember. However, I can't seem to get out of the game without repeately pressing the Shift button on my computer. Are there any ways to get out of the game outside of pressing the Shift Button?

SimCity 2000: This game has a lot more problems. First of all, I don't know what to do with installation. I mean, what's the point? Secondly, the music is terrible. It sounds so screechy and loud and that's not the correct tune. The biggest problem is that when I exit out of the game, my computer goes black, although I can use my mouse, I can't do anything else until I turn off the computer, which would restart the computer. What can I do with problem #2 and #3?

I have attempted to read the README book of both games, but I cannot understand them. They don't sound like instructions at alll.

Right now, I'm running Prince of Persia, although it is paused, but I am not using the DOSBOX to run the game. Do you think I need to use DOSBOX?

Here are the directories to Prince of Persia, SimCity 2000, and DOSBOX 0.73 on my computer:

DOSBOX: C:\Documents and Settings\Glenn\Desktop\dosgames

Prince of Persia: C:\Documents and Settings\Glenn\Desktop\dosgames\prince-of-persia\Prince

SimCity 2000: C:\Documents and Settings\Glenn\Desktop\dosgames\simcity-2000\Simcity 2000

If you need anymore information, tell me. I will gladly provide it.

Huge gamer going into classic PC gaming. Gaming since 1999!

Reply 1 of 2, by STX

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

In DOSBox, Alt+Enter switches between full-screen and windowed modes. Ctrl+F10 gets your mouse out of the DOSBox window (in windowed mode) so that you can do other things.

This might be a solution to the poor-sounding MIDI music in SimCity 2000: Improving Midi sounds