VOGONS

First post, by cybernet3000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello all, I'm having trouble getting Gabriel Knight 2 to run in Dosbox on my mac, a PowerBook G4 1.5 Ghz running Mac OS X 10.4.11

The problem is that instead of sound, the game emits a horrible hissing sound during the movies and whenever Gabriel talks. The only sound I could hear properly was the clock ticking in the farm house. I had a similar problem trying to run Sins of the Father on this mac in Dosbox, but I was able to get around it by switching the sound settings from Sound Blaster to Thunderboard. This doesn't seem possible in GK2 though, or if it is I haven't figured out how to do it yet. Any ideas?

I'm aware of this post where the user had the same problem, however increasing cycles does not seem to make any difference.

I appreciate any help anyone can offer!

EDIT: I think I found a solution: in my dosbox config file, I tried changing the Sound Blaster card from a Sound Blaster 16 to a Sound Blaster Pro 2. Seems to have done the trick! The quality of the audio leaves just a little to be desired, but I seem to recall that was the case my first play through anyway.

All other Power PC users having trouble should definitely give this a try!