VOGONS

Ultima VII

Topic actions

First post, by Joeyxp2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I've searched the forum for Ultima VII but could not find my problem anywhere so I decided to post it here. The fact that quotation marks don't narrow down the search does not help. Anyway, I installed the game via the CD image and already corroborated that EMS was set to false.

Subsequent to running ULTIMA7.EXE with the latest version of Dosbox, I get the error:

File ".\static\u7intro.tim" not found!
Program terminated by code.

Reply 1 of 4, by Xelasarg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Looks like the file is simply missing. Did you download the CD image somewhere or did you create the image from the original CD?

What mounting commands do you use? Have you installed U7 through DOSBox?

Ultima VII should work just fine without tweaking (except setting ems=false).

"What's a paladin?!"

Reply 3 of 4, by dutchman4life

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Installing from The Complete Ultima VII cd through Dosbox, the installation program will create a file called static instead of copying the file folder static (and all its contents, one of which is u7intro.tim). Just browse to the CD in your file explorer in windows, manually unzip the ultima7.zip and copy the static folder and all its contents to your game folder. you don't need the static file the installation created as that is in error. In fact I doubt you even have to run the installation program from the disc at all as all it does is unzip the game. You will have to run setup for the audio though.

This is on Vista 64 bit although I can't imagine it makes a difference.

Reply 4 of 4, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

For Exult I made a quick installation guide of U7 at http://exult.sourceforge.net/docs.php#dosbox_floppy

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper