VOGONS

Reply 20 of 20, by badflame

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Flint Eastwood wrote on 2012-01-22, 17:24:
Archimedean Dynasty / Schleichfahrt - 3Dfx Finally one of the best games ever is working with Dosbox! […]
Show full quote

Archimedean Dynasty / Schleichfahrt - 3Dfx
Finally one of the best games ever is working with Dosbox!

You will need a Dosbox with Glide-Patch and Swapsound-Patch - Ykhwongs build for example.

As 3Dfx-wrapper you will need Nglide v0.98 or newer if available.
The HUD works with this wrapper.

Dosbox should be started with the WINDIB-driver. Ykhwongs build does this by default. Other builds may need to be started with a batch file where the variable is set :

set sdl_videodriver=windib
dosbox.exe

Otherwise Dosbox crashes on leaving 3Dfx-mode. Thanks to Ykhwong who pointed me to this.

In Dosbox.conf you should set fullresolution=original. Otherwise Dosbox changes to Window-Mode on leaving 3Dfx-mode everytime.

In the Nglide Configurator you can set every resolution you like. I prefer 1280x960.
You should turn VSYNC: off in Nglide (check your GPU-driver-settings too). Otherwise loading screens will take forever to show up and gamplay will be laggy.

I made my own Dosbox-build with ready-to-play batches and configs. I attach it to this post.
You only need to adjust your own paths to the game and the CD and setup Nglide.

Excellent build, thanks 😀

The only problem is that I cannot hide the 3dfx logo (obviously I indicate not to show it in nglide_config.exe). In fact it appears not only at the start of the game but also every time you go from 3dfx mode to normal rendering.

Is there a way to hide it?

Thanks again.