VOGONS

First post, by PrinceEdward

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Here's a new one to add to the 11th Hour threads....

I get it to install and run in DosBox.. whoo hoo! BUT....

When I blow up DosBox to full screen from a window, the coloration gets all screwy. Many of the colors are inverted and such, with really ghastly bright greens and stuff. Like I said, it looks perfect in the window. It's just a weird game to play without to fullscreen.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Reply 1 of 12, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

get better display drivers ? maybe check if you have stuff in your taskbar /background that changes the pallet accidently

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 8 of 12, by PrinceEdward

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

That's an idea. I tried doing a scalex2 or something like that... but it didn't make much of a difference. What is the command for a big window? I just know how to toggle from fullscreen to windowed. Thanks.

Reply 9 of 12, by tannerstevo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Set windowresolution the same as desktop and try a different output, surface won't work for this.
On my machine the window doesn't fill the whole screen until the actual game starts, so you may have to fiddle with it to get it the way you want it.

Reply 10 of 12, by PrinceEdward

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, so I tried using the following commands, because it wasn't working
output=ddraw
windowresolution=1280x1020
but it stayed the same size. I tried finding some examples on how to change it, but i couldn't find it. Any ideas? It doesn't give me an error message, but it doesn't do anything either.