VOGONS

First post, by SBRTy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey all, I've got a USB joystick and it doesn't seem to be working with DOSBox when I'm trying to run TIE Fighter Collector's CD. I try calibrating it and it just goes all over the place. I tried timed=false, but after that, it doesn't recognize the joystick at all. Somebody else had posted this problem before and I haven't seen it answered, so I hope posting it here again will get some responses. This game is unplayable with the mouse!

Also, is there a way to set the keymapper back to default? For some reason, it doesn't recognize one of the joystick axis when I was messing around with the mapper.

Thanks!!

Reply 5 of 7, by Kiwi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've just followed Johan's link to IGN/ 3D Gamers, and there is no actual download there, only a help file on how to use the update if you manage to ever get it. I've been back (on this dial-up system, not the bedroom's cable broadband), and I remember why I never went hack to IGN after registering there. and even killed the bookmark -- between the slowness and the constant harping on the benefits of a paid subscription, that's a terrible web site.

Slower than molasses in winter. There will be a better download site somewhere, some day.

Last edited by Kiwi on 2007-09-02, 17:31. Edited 1 time in total.

Kiwi

Reply 6 of 7, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Sometimes it helps to get a little bit of creative:
On the link by Johan you could have clicked on the "downloads" register and you would have ended at
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/tiefighter/downloads/

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 7 of 7, by AceJoel96

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

What kind of joystick do you have? I have a Saitek Cyborg 3D Gold. If you're still having trouble with the keymapper, it might be easier to use whatever key programming software came with your joystick; I used Profiler with TIE Fighter Collector's Edition without DOSBox for a year.

The Long, Long History of TIE Fighter...Coming Soon!