VOGONS

First post, by Casublett

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is anyone else having problems with this games installer?

When I run the installer, it works fine until I get to the final part right before the actual install. After I actually start the install, the screen bugs out and has a ghost-ish REALLY REALLY zoomed in view of what appears to be dos prompt of some sort. It zooms in soo much that it would only take like 10 letters to fill the screen. It also looks like artificial "scanlines" have been inserted, making the letters graphics have HUGE spaces between each vertical "pixels" that would make up the test.

The files are fine on the CD and work if I manually copy them, but that ins't the issue because the CD has a TON of extra games and such that you can install, but I can't because os this issue.

Any ideas?

DosBox .70, WinXP SP2, D.O.G. frontend with a config that works for all my other (200ish) games....

Reply 1 of 1, by Litude

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah I also had this problem installing Rise of the Triad (I think I was using 0.70). 3D Realms (former Apogee) provides a replacement install that should work (didn't test, I manually copied the files), but I don't think it will allow you to install the shareware games.
But I don't see the actual problem here, every game that is on that CD can already be found pre-installed on the CD to just copy over (the shareware games are in \SHARE folder IIRC).
Of course making the install utility work in DOSBox would be nice, but you can't expect everything to work 😀