VOGONS

Can't run FIFA International Soccer

Topic actions

Reply 61 of 105, by VisitntX

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ok, when i told you about a floppy version that means the game in a rar file with all the files of the game together (not merged) so you only have to install the content in a folder and mount it in the dosbox easily. By the way i really don't know a cdrom version of FIFA 94. When I say google that is a search engine coz i can't give you the download link for that game here (copyrights and that sorta of things) so you use something like google to find the page where download the game. Winrar could "install" rar and zip and 7z files that are the more commonly in the internet so you shouldn't have problems by now.

Reply 62 of 105, by zelenog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK, I understand. I also tried to find a website to download FIFA 94 (aka FIFA International Soccer), and I was able to find only 1 site, but they ask you to pay for it 🙁

Oh well, I'll keep looking. At least I know now that it is possible to get a floppy version, and that it should be easier to run it.

It seems like I am going to need that floppy version because I am having problems running the CD version on dosbox 0.63 too 🙁 It does seem much simplier than trying to run it using dosbox 0.65 or 0.70, but it's still tricky.

Can somebody help me?
Here's what I did:
1. typed "mount d: d:\FIFA"
2. typed "d:"
3. typed "dir.exe"
4. typed "FIFA.EXE"

And the window just dissapeared, and game never ran. Did I miss smth? What should I try?

Last edited by zelenog on 2012-01-17, 06:47. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 63 of 105, by zelenog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Please disregard my last reply. First of all I downloaded a FREE FIFA 94 on Internet 😀 and it is running very well. I did the same steps as for a CD version and floppy version works, but CD doesn't 🙁 I'll keep trying something out and hopefully I'll make it run too 😀

Thank you everyone for your help. It would be possible without you, guys!

Bye

Reply 64 of 105, by VisitntX

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

1. typed "mount d: d:\FIFA"
2. typed "d:"
3. typed "dir.exe"
4. typed "FIFA.EXE"

4 Is wrong, in cd version you must install the game so you should:
First you have to make a folder in your hard disk called like GAMES so that will be your C: coz you will need it.

1. "mount d: d:\FIFA"
2. "mount c: c:\GAMES"
3. "d:"
4. "dir"
5. Find and install.exe
6. If doesn't exist an install but only a setup you will never install it from dosbox coz don't work the setup.

Reply 65 of 105, by zelenog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Really? Thanks for the info. I'll try that. The floppy version is good, but the CD is better. I was told that it has better music and sound effects, player editor, commentary throughout the game and a bug fixed when it is easy to score after a goalkick. So, the CD is way better.

If you could guide me through, that would be great. If diskette version is working, I see no reason why CD version would not work, you know. It is a brand new CD, bought from CDaccess.com and I am sure I am doing something wrong, and it can be playable.

Anyway, I'll try and let you know.

Reply 66 of 105, by zelenog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, I am alittle bit confused. You said that I need to make a folder for this game, called GAMES, but I already made that folder, only it is called FIFA

Let's start from the start. Tell me exactly what I should do. Should I first install the game fro hard drive to C drive and make a folder called GAMES?
Or do you want me to use dosbox and run installation and create a folder from DOSBOX?

I am not very techy, so if you could tell me exactly step-by-step, click-by-click what I need to do, I am sure I can make it run.

Also, setup.exe doesn't exist on cd version, but there is install.exe so we should be able to run the CD version.

Please reply

1. "mount d: d:\FIFA"
2. "mount c: c:\GAMES"
3. "d:"
4. "dir"
5. Find and install.exe
6. If doesn't exist an install but only a setup you will never install it from dosbox coz don't work the setup.

Reply 67 of 105, by VisitntX

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yes that was my fault. I don't give you a very good explanation.
Well the CD games must to be installed, so you have to install the CD version of FIFA 94. But the games are installed in the C:\ in a folder created by the installers. So first you have to make in your XP in your hdd a folder called something like GAMES, that could be intended like your C:\ for your dosbox games, not only the FIFA 94, you could use it for all your games so you don't mess up your hdd.
After create that folder you must go to the dosbox.
And here comes the steps:

1. mount c c:\games
2. mount d d:\ -t cdrom
3. d:
4. dir *.exe
5. "find a file called install.exe or setup.exe that must needed to install the game"
6. "Follow the process to install the game, if the install ask you about a folder to install you must write something like "c:\fifa94" so that will be the place where the game will be installed"
7. c:
8. cd fifa94
9. dir *.exe
10. "find fifa.exe"
11. fifa.exe

But here we come with two troubles. One is the sound config that you should perform from you XP and not from dosbox coz doesn't work in the emu. The same you did before.
But the more annoying trouble is that if there doesn't exist an install.exe and only the setup.exe that file could stop the emu coz doesn't work there. So you should only and really only do the following procedure if you can't install from dosbox:

1. "open your FIFA 94 cd in XP not dosbox"
2. "run the setup here in XP"
3. "install in a folder called C:\GAMES\FIFA94"
4. "config sound from XP the way you did before"
5. "run dosbox"
6. mount c c:\games
7. mount d d:\ -t cdrom
8. c:
9. cd games
10. dir *.exe
11. fifa.exe

That must do it for you. Well I hope this time you could run it.

Remember that you could use other name for the folder GAMES, but must have 8 characters that folder or you will be in more troubles. So better try to use that name. And see how when I use mount don't write mount c: insteed mount c coz you don't need the : there, only in the part after that c:\games that are really needed.

Hope you luck.

Reply 68 of 105, by VisitntX

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

And I know you said that only exists install.exe not setup.exe but I have to cover that. And remember that the folder GAMES isn't your FIFA folder is the C:\ folder for the dosbox needed to the install to make the folder FIFA94 there.
Well I don't know if you understand what I'm saying coz my english sucks. Sorry for that.

Reply 69 of 105, by zelenog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No, no.. it's very clear what you say. I'll definately try what you said and will let you know today or tomorrow. Thanks for your time and effort!

PS. I really like those classic DOS games. They are so much fun and bring a lot of good memories 😀