VOGONS

Can't run FIFA International Soccer

Topic actions

Reply 44 of 105, by zelenog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK, I tried smth new here. I did all the same steps as before (indicating drive D instead of C this time) AND I didn't type CORE PREFETCH

What happed was that window that says: "Driver not detected" is NOT there anymore. And I could actually hear how my driver was working trying to launch the game! but no window came up and game neve ran.

And to answer your question (when my procedure included "core prefetch),
the sign that came after "no cdrom drive detected" is this:

D:\>_ ( this "_" sign is blinking, like they want me to type smth there)

What do you think?

Reply 48 of 105, by zelenog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have one more theory why it may not be working properly.

When you originally asked "to replace DosBox of version 0.70" that I originally downloaded with new file that you told me to download with "dosBox.exe" in that file, I simply transfered missing DLL files (2) from version 0.70 to that dosbox.exe of the file you told me to download(version 0.65)

Could it be why it's not working? that DLL files that I added to dosbox.exe of version 0.65 from version 0.70 make it not work ?

Just a theory...

Reply 50 of 105, by zelenog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Never mind. I tried to launch the game again without core prefetch and no sound was heard and I got some error message this time 🙁

I can't believe I can't run my fav soccer game 🙁 And I wasted my money 🙁

Is there anything else we can try?..

Reply 52 of 105, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

"no cd drive detected" != "no driver detected"

Anyways stick to one mounting, like
mount c c:\oldstuff
mount d d:\ -t cdrom -ioctl -label FIFA
(where FIFA is the full label of the cdrom).
Then reinstall the game.

Reply 53 of 105, by VisitntX

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello, this is the errors that fifa international soccer (94) returns with dosbox 0.65 and 0.70:
1. RET from illegal descriptor type 0 (fifa.exe) (all the core include prefetch)
2. illegal option (setup.exe with 0.63 and 0.65)
3. integer divide by 0 (setup.exe with the 0.70)
The game works only with the dosbox 0.63 (no setup.exe) without problems, very strange...
Hope this can help you.

Reply 59 of 105, by zelenog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you so much VistintX! And everyone for your help!

I downloaded dosbox 0.63 and will try it soon.

I have one last question. You said that I need to use google to get a floppy version of FIFA. I am confused. What do you mean by "floppy version"?
Do you want me to use google to download FIFA International Soccer on the Internet and coppy it to my floppy disk? Is that what you meant?

Because if it IS easier to run the game by having the floppy version of it, then of course I would try to find it. Please tell me how.

Please respond and thank you! 😀