VOGONS

Reply 20 of 25, by gates007

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I found a new problem with Hard Nova.

While the music and sound works, the game can not be saved. Normally, you would press F10 to get to the save menu. Under v0.7 this only work sporidically:

1) sometime the menu opened but can not select the "save" option; or
2) sometime it will not open
3) sometime it asks for the "pluto" disk...

and also after a short while the game freezes....

Anyone can confirm and have a solution?

Please assist... thanks!

Gates

Reply 21 of 25, by gates007

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi - I further tested this out and it seems it is a version 0.7 problem. V0.65 allows for load and save in a limited way, v0.7 can not even get into the save menu and crash after 5 to 10 min of play (where it will get stuck). I use VDMS as the baseline for comparison where you can:
1. get into the save menu;
2. chose from file slot A) to file slot H) to save (i.e. multiple save file slots)

version 0.65 - no file slot to choose from (only save in 1 slot) and version 0.70 is not even playable.

Any help, recommendation, assistance?

It appears to be some kind of in-game memory problem, similar to daggerfall or privateer 2....

Your suggestions are appreciated.

gates

Reply 22 of 25, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Which cpu-core settings do you use? Try core=normal.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 24 of 25, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

No suggestions right now. But a game that behaves worse in 0.70 than in 0.65 is always interesting for the developers, so I will add Hard Nova to the list of "Broken in 0.70". There is no gaurantee that HN will be fixed for 0.71 though - it really depends if some of the developers take an interest, and - more important - can get hold of the game for testing.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 25 of 25, by gates007

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks MM - I have the original disks - would it be helpful to shoot a copy over to the developers? Since it is the original game, it is not crack and I do not have a crack lying around. The version I use is somewhere I downloaded (cracked), may be from HOTU but not sure.

Also another bug for version 0.7 - when you go into the shop at the very, very beginning, inventory start disappearing on the screen right in front of your eyes (with repeated testing on various core and setting). This does not happen in 0.65 and VDMSound. Just another observation. Thanks.

~Gates