VOGONS

First post, by DemoLover

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello people! I'm back (after a long time) with a new problem to throw at the DOSBox dev team 😀. Mortal Kombat 1 runs perfectly but it cannot detect soundblaster in anyway. It doesn't even ask you about your IRQ, DMA channel etc. so you can know the ones it's checking 🙁. It just says 'cannot initialise soundcard.' I'm using DOSBox 0.65 btw on Windows XP.

I was able to play it with sound on a virtual PC running windows 98 while borrowing the SET BLASTER line from DOSBox and it worked (although the sounds were played very jittery.)

Anyway, I was wondering if you could check it out. I can attach a copy of the game to my next post if you want 😜. Anyhow, thanks again for this awesome emulator. MK2 was awesome with DOSBox =).

Reply 1 of 2, by doomer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Mortal Kombat 1, just like Mortal Kombat 2, has an ingame setup. Press F10 when the mk1 title screen appears and configure your sound card there. Works perfectly here.

Reply 2 of 2, by DemoLover

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok I found out what the exact problem was. Either my clock cycle was too high (it was 30000), my CPU mode was not compatible (it was dynamic) or both. I toned down everything to 12000 clockcycle and simple CPU mode and it worked. Thanks for responding to this thread anyway 😀.