VOGONS

First post, by Shed

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well...assuming you have the original CDRoms of the game, follow this steps

1) mount a the CD-rom Unit (example: "mount D: H:\ -t cdrom")

2) mount the unit for games folder (example: "mount c: c:\games")

3) go to CDRom virtual unit (D:) and type "install.exe"

4) take care in installation when you choose your soundcard, this may cause a "hang" on setup program if you don't choose the correct...

5) once you selected the sound card, you must hear the voice of EVA Installer and some sounds background

6) the program ask you about a folder for game....(i put "c:\conquer")

7)after installation, go to c:\conquer directory,...and type "c&c"....the game must run it ....

*The only buggie thing, is that sound not very clear...having "pops n clicks sometimes" :??

here you have some screenshots

westwood_command_conquer.png

command_and_conquer1.png

Reply 2 of 8, by SBeaver

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

All C&C games run windows 2000/xp, even works on xp x64 edition. older versions of command and conquer 95 was a little shaky but the one that comes with "c&c first decade" works flawless. Just wanted to say that in case you didn't know.

edit: I'n not 100% on this but wasnt 95 availabe as a free update? maybe not

Reply 4 of 8, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've toyed with the notion of running my First Decade via dosbox....mainly because the older ones are quite blurry on my LCD.....scale2x could really help.

Reply 6 of 8, by Bejiita

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have C&C First decade and i tried to open command and conquer with dos box but it seems it doesn't have a dos exe it only has a win95 one that doesn't start in dosbox! Is there any way to make it work ?

What eva!

Reply 7 of 8, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If you have the Covert Ops expansion you can use it's DOS executable to run the C&C data files from the Win95 CD. Only bad thing is that you don't have the sound configuration executable so you have to enter the sound configuration manually into the games config file to get sound.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline