VOGONS

First post, by DarkUfrades

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there, I have a question about installing the game Mystic Towers on my computer.

With Dosbox I haven't had very many problems playing games, but in some cases I could not install the game on my newer computer so I had to install the games on my older computer and then move the files to the newer computer, after which the game would usually work.

In the case of Mystic Towers, I have not been able to install it on my newer and older computer (this is a floppy disk by the way). I actually had two different disks for Mystic Towers with the same files and they both seem to not work. I try and initiate the install.exe, even on the DOS prompt on my older computer, and it gives me a "runtime error" message. Surprisingly however, when I try and install it on Dosbox itself, the install program opens but it won't let me download it because there's no space on the Z drive when I try to install it to the C: drive.

Anyone know how I can install this program on Dosbox? It seems like its the only way I can get the install.exe to work. Thanks.

Reply 1 of 2, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The amount of free space on DosBox's emulated c:\ drive is 110mb. You need to specify the "-freesize xx" parameter to set the amount of freesize that DosBox shows.

Ex:

Mount c c:\games -freesize 400

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 2, by DarkUfrades

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I got the game installed, but for some reason when I try to enter the game through towers.exe, the Dosbox freezes and doesn't play it.

mount c: c:\towers\towers
c:
towers

The -freesize doesn't seem to do much of anything either. Any suggestions? Thanks.