VOGONS

First post, by jallah

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello 😁
The other day I was searching the net for clues to get Death Rally working properly on my "new" PC. I know sometimes it's hard to get the right settings, or at least it takes a whole lot of experimenting. Anyway, here's a start for those that would like to run the game on a new system. The following dosbox config runs smoothly on my newish ADM Athlon XP 2500+ (1.84 GHz) with 1GB of RAM. Likely your system is different, if so try to adjust the cycles in CPU section by 1000 at a time. Disabling music (inside the game) might help on stability.

Oh and to run DOSBox with the config, make a windows shortcut (right click inside the folder and choose New->Shortcut) with this in the "location of the item" textfield:

"D:\Program Files\DOSBox-0.63\dosbox.exe" -conf drally.conf -noconsole

Also make sure you change paths so they match your paths in the shortcut to dosbox and in the config file attached

Finally rename the config file to drally.conf as that file extension was for some #¤%"$! up reason not allowed to upload here.

Good luck 😉

Attachments

• Filename
    drally.txt
    File size
    5.24 KiB
    Downloads
    294 downloads
    File comment
    DOSBox Config file for Death Rally version 1.1
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 2, by emodel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i checked this conf file, and i dont understand why u use the /w command, of which purpose is to run the game in windows 9x...

Also, the game is far from running smoothly @ 15.000 cycles. I need about 30.000 to get a smooth scrolling (at least when there are 3d objects and other cars on screen)