VOGONS

First post, by finalen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The Incredible Machine seems to be broken when launching it through dfend v2 beta. I noticed that the dfend info mentioned it was built for 0.62 of dosbox and I'm currently running 0.65 - however the game runs fine in 0.65 without going through dfend.

It seems to be snagging on a midi command (so the status window says). I've checked and unchecked in every combo all the midi settings in the dfend window and nothing's helping. - any thoughts? Have I wasted my sunday setting up 50% of my games in dfend?? should I stop finding ways to be lazy and just type out the dir in dosbox???

Reply 1 of 2, by Lofty

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The MIDI section of dosbox.conf was changed at some point between 0.62 and 0.65.
Specifically:
mpu401=true
intelligent=true

became just mpu401=intelligent
and mpu401=true is an invalid option

Because of dosbox.conf changes, it's a bad idea to use a frontend intended for an older version. If D-Fend has some kind of Autoexec section, you could try adding "mpu401 intelligent" to each game config as a workaround, to specifically set that option, but there's probably other options that don't work properly.

Reply 2 of 2, by finalen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks man, there is an autoexec - I'll have to try that out. I have 6 weeks of recovery time coming up after my surgery wednesday, so I'll have loads of time to figure it out. It's too bad, I really like the mame-ish look of that loader. It would be nice if that dude would allow you to choose a different dosbox exe for each game.