VOGONS

First post, by basti007

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I try to get "English with Rayman" (a learning game) running with Imgmount.

It includes audio cd tracks so i mounted it as cue/bin, which worked okay. (I used CD-Tools, a dos command line utility, to check, if the audio tracks of the cue file are played within dosbox and everything played okay).

However, Rayman itself can't access the audio tracks for some reason (they just don't play). Anyone an idea what could be the reason for this?

Thanks!

(PS: I know, that i can mount it with -ioctl ...)

Reply 1 of 6, by basti007

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
basti007 wrote:
I try to get "English with Rayman" (a learning game) running with Imgmount. […]
Show full quote

I try to get "English with Rayman" (a learning game) running with Imgmount.

It includes audio cd tracks so i mounted it as cue/bin, which worked okay. (I used CD-Tools, a dos command line utility, to check, if the audio tracks of the cue file are played within dosbox and everything played okay).

However, Rayman itself can't access the audio tracks for some reason (they just don't play). Anyone an idea what could be the reason for this?

Thanks!

(PS: I know, that i can mount it with -ioctl ...)

Oh, i probably know why this happens: Is it normal that i have to mount the cue and bin files seperatly? I realized, that the files are only played in cd-tools when i mount both of them with an imgmount command.

But the curious thing is: after that, i also have two drives - the one mounted with the cue image only contains the audio tracks, the other one only the data files (when i mount the cue sheet, i get "mscdex: Failure: Unknown error", however, the audio tracks are mounted anyway). I guess, rayman looks for the audio tracks on the drive from which it was installed, and obviously, there weren't any audio tracks. Cd-tools seems to automatically switch over to the first drive that has audio tracks...

I guess, this might be the problem... Any ideas? I have created the cue/bin files with IsoBuster and the file structure of the cue file seems correct - but as for the moment, i think, the cue file is corrupt... at least the first data session entry.

Reply 2 of 6, by basti007

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay, i know made my own cue sheet according to the tips in this forum. It looks like this:

FILE "Track No01.iso" BINARY
TRACK 1 MODE1/2048
FILE "Track No02.wav" MP3
TRACK 2 AUDIO
FILE "Track No03.wav" MP3
TRACK 3 AUDIO
FILE "Track No04.wav" MP3
TRACK 4 AUDIO
FILE "Track No05.wav" MP3
TRACK 5 AUDIO

Binaries are in the iso, the rest are external waves...

Doesn't work either. I just get the binary, but no access to the audio tracks...

What's wrong?

Reply 3 of 6, by prompt

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You have to mount the cue file not the bin. If you do just that, and you still cannot see any files on that drive, this may be an error (in the cue sheet or dosbox). In this case, it would be nice if you could post the cue file.

Reply 4 of 6, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well if this cd-tools programs works in DosBox when you only mount the .cue then it must be a problem with DosBox and Rayman.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 5 of 6, by basti007

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I got it to work with my own .cue sheet now!

It just does work with external .ogg files. Probably, because i only have the vorbis library dll in the dosbox directory...

What can i do to let DosBox support mp3, wave or raw binary audio files (like created with IsoBuster)? Are there dll extension for that support? (not that it does matter anymore know, as ogg is my preference anyway *g*)...

Reply 6 of 6, by prompt

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, cue/bin are supposed to support raw/wave/aiff/mp3, but since dosbox uses sdl_sound it can play every format that this library supports (including ogg, mid, mod, etc.). I remember that the wave and aiff code of sdl_sound is buggy, so this may be the reason why it didn't work with the wav files.

But I still would like to see the original cue sheet that didn't work.