VOGONS

First post, by Heiko

User metadata

Hello, i just tried to use MemHeck under DOSBox. (I want to cheat BARIS ) I can Alt + Tab between the DOSBox and the MemHack Window. But if i ever trie to use it, i dont get any Results. So my Question ist shouldt it work ? Can i use such Trainer Programms like MemHack for Games in DOSBox ? Or is it not possible cause DOSBox handles the Memorie in a way, that MemHack will never give any Results ?
Thanks Heiko

Reply 4 of 5, by Guest

User metadata

Thanks fpr the Link, i just installed dosbox-debug but it dont help me much. If i run dosbox in debug mode, the results by using MemHack are the same, nothing to find. Did you mean i shall use the debug mode to find a money cheat und a shall not use MemHack ? I think the debug mode is nothing for the average dosbox user. So is it technical or principle impossible to find such memorie cheats with MemHack ? Can i find a place in the Memorie and freeze it or use a Trainer Programm ?

Reply 5 of 5, by ASM

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Some time ago I used TSearch 1.6 to modify the amount of Money and the Division in Lamborghini: American Challenge. TSearch is a Win32 memory "hacking" app. I just opened the DOSBox process with it and looked for the money and division value.
I didn't test it but I think if you restart DOSBox and the game you will have to look for these values again.
There's also some DOS memory hacking software available such as GW32 but GW32 doesn't work under DOSBox. 😖