VOGONS

First post, by Samutz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Does anyone have an specific instructions on getting KQ5 (from the 15th anniversiary edition package) to run?
When I try to run the install using dosbox, it acts like it's alreayd installed. But I can install it using windows xp's command prompt just fine.
When I try to run the game using dosbox, I get an error saying "GOTO: Label run not found".
When I try to run it using wnxp's command prompt, it gives me an audio hardware error, then loads the Sierra logo after a minute or two, but won't do anything after that.

Reply 3 of 7, by Quasi_Stomach

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The installation batch files have big problems if you try to install in DOSBox. I was able to modify the install.bat file (to replace any reference to WHAT.EXE) for KQ6 and it installed fine.

These prezels are makin' me thirsty!
-- Jerry, George, Elaine and Cosmo

Reply 6 of 7, by Magamo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

With the King's Quest Collection, which I believe is what you are referring to as the '15th Anniversary Edition', if you cd into the specific directories for the game on the CD itself, you can use the game's own installer, rather than the selector batch from the collection CD to install each game.

Reply 7 of 7, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well i dunno what else to add.
I have the old i guess original but it came in a cd case off a shelf version of King's Quest 5 CdRom voice/sfx version. from 1992.

It ran fine for me.

I guess if you have the collection use the original installers in the respective King's Quest game directories and I suppose it will work fine.

I have KQ 6 but it's a rerelase from Slash corp. I have a lot of Slash corp rereleases. They're working on an Adlib bug to fix some soundblaster/adlib sound issues in a number of Sierra Games.