VOGONS

First post, by garrynichol

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I couldn't find anything on how to save one's custom keymap to a file that could be loaded rather than doing the remapping manually.

Is there a way to do this?

Reply 3 of 8, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

if you open the captures folder, then the keymapping file is one folder above that.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 4 of 8, by garrynichol

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can't find any caption folder. I checked in dosbox 0.74 options.bat and it's assigned there as captures=capture.
I looked in the program files\dos box directory and there was no capture subdirectory so I created one and then ran the keymapper again and saved it but there's still no data in the capture folder.
Where is the capture folder supposed to be? This may sound stupid but I did a search on the whole computer for anything with capture in it and it found nothing ( that was before I created the capture folder ion the dosbox program directory.) Maybe I put it in the wrong directroy.
Also when you said "one folder above that" I"m not sure what you were referring to. I guess if I had found the capture folder I may have understood.

Reply 5 of 8, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

if you got dosbox 0.74 from dosbox.com a LINK to the capture folder should be in your startmenu
"Start/WinLogo Menu"->"All Programs"->DOSBox-0.74->Extras

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 6 of 8, by garrynichol

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

As you said there is a menu that has the EXTRAS but there is no CAPTURE thing at this time.
Here's the suboptions as they appear:
-Video
-Dosbox 0.74 (No options)
-Screenshots & Recordings
-Uninstall