VOGONS

First post, by XdbX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello. So i have no idea where to post this so i am going to guess i need to do it in games and apps.

# Motherboard :(no idea right now still looking it up but i what i want to know has to do with soft were not hardwere.)
# Processor type and speed
# Amount and type of RAM: 4GB about 3.83 are being used, I think.
# Video board w/ RAM amount and type nivdia GeForce 9800m GTS/ Ram i have no idea. I will have to look online also for this. But my guess it 250-500 MB knowing nivdia.
# Sound board: My mother board
# Operating system Home vista 64 bit.
# Game name (and version, if applicable) Steam Xcom2/terror from the deep/TFTD
# Description of problem (be detailed: saying "it's jerky" doesn't help, saying "the player sprites seem to be jerky when I'm pressing any of the arrow keys" does) I have hear that you can set up does box so you can run Xcom TFTD if you bought it from steam. I know that you can do this if you have the game files or CD but i also hear that you can do it if you have the steam version.
# Reproducibility of problem (always, only once, always but only on a specific level, etc.) I guess very high
# Sound mode used No idea
# Video mode (Software, OpenGL, Direct3D, or Glide, and resolution) what ever is default
# Version of emulator (for VDMSound, probably 2.0.4 or 2.1.0; for DOSBox, 0.58+) I have dosboc .72 on my computer now.
# Steps already attempted to solve the problem (please say you've read the README if you haven't, and READ IT IF YOU HAVEN'T!) I don't even know where to start and i did not see any thing in the readme that looked like any help.

I have also done a sreach on steam, and i only came up with thread talking about how steam is using dosbox to run games.
I would believe if steam is using doxbox to run Xcom TFTD then their must be a way to set it up to use the full version of doxbox.

I am sorry if i sound noobish but my computer does not list most of my hardware and nether does gate way.
I have a gateway FX series P laptop.

I need to go to bed now but i will try to find out more about the hard were when i wake up.

The file path to the file root file with all the game files and folders is
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\x-com terror from the deep

Reply 1 of 2, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

find the configfile of dosbox for that game
find cycles=7000
set it to something higher.

Enjoy.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 2, by UK_John

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can play the animated intro to TFTD in XP, but not the game, but in DOSBox,I get the slideshow intro not the animated intro... What am I doing wrong?