VOGONS

First post, by classicgamerjay81

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Does anyone know if a character editor\hacker was ever made for champions of krynn? if so where can it be downloaded from?

Bartender:Is it true what you said? Is the world really going to end? Ford:yes in about 2 minutes. Bartender:Shouldnt we lie on the floor and put paperbags on our heads? Ford:If you'd like. Bartender:Will it help? Ford:Nope not at all.

Reply 1 of 5, by tempus2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've played the Goldbox games since they were released for the C-64. And between now and then, I've never seen a character editor for any of them. The character data is setup in a straight forward and unencrypted format. So it's not very difficult to learn how to hex edit them yourself. Which is what I've always done when desired.

Get yourself a Hex Editor, the Winxp built in calculator (set to scientific mode) and start looking at your save game files, in the game's save game directory. With a little effort you should be able to edit your stats and coins. And with just a little more learning, to clone good gear that you find.

Thinking about it, I just remembered that a favorite trick back then, was to make a second save game disk. You would load a character from it and strip the gear you wanted from him. Then drop him, replace the save game disk with the original and load the now unstripped character back up again.

Reply 2 of 5, by classicgamerjay81

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

okay now u have my full attention. i have vista hopefully that doesnt matter if u wouldnt mind emailing me at dragon_king_bahamut81@yahoo.com and explaining the process of using the hex editor in detail id appreciate it greatly.

Bartender:Is it true what you said? Is the world really going to end? Ford:yes in about 2 minutes. Bartender:Shouldnt we lie on the floor and put paperbags on our heads? Ford:If you'd like. Bartender:Will it help? Ford:Nope not at all.

Reply 5 of 5, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Here's a character editor for Champions of Krynn -

http://www.abby-cheat.com/modules.php?name=Tr … op=show&lid=293

Also, you can use this hex editor (version 3.0F, free) to mess about with all of the save game files -

http://www.hexedit.com/download.htm

Also, if you build up a healthy party then copy the .sav files for each party member in to a back up folder, you can simply overwrite your current .sav files for damaged party members with your back up files. (The info about quests and current location aren't recorded in the .sav files, because they are in a "global" .dat file.)