VOGONS

The 7th Guest

Topic actions

First post, by k.moser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have the original discs for T7G but it's been forever since I have seen DOS. I downloaded DOSBox but I can't figure out how to install the program. Should I copy the files from the cd to C: ? I mounted my drive as instructed on the FAQs but when i type install anytime, it tells me it is not a correct command. I'm running Vista...please help.

Reply 1 of 7, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Read my 60 Seconds Guide to DOSBox (and don't just read it - follow it too).

If that doesn't help, come back with details on how you mounted your C and D drives, how you did the install, how you configured sound, music etc.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 7, by rammer00

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't know if this will help but there is a windows front end floating around on the net. You still need the original discs. Installed and worked like a charm for me on XP. File is called v32ng hope you can find it. Sorry but it's been awhile and I don't remember where I got it.

Reply 3 of 7, by tsampikos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You can google "7th guest win-xp patch" and you will find a site to download it. It was also available in the site of the developer company "Trylobyte" but the site (and the company) doesn't exist any more. I do have the patch and the original game CDs. I tried it and it works excellent. If you can't find it i could upload it and send it to you.

Reply 6 of 7, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Looking back on my previous posts, it seems that most of the problems I'm recalling were for the 11th Hour Windows player, so you might be OK with the 7th Guest one. I did recall reading something, though, whereby the logic of the othello game in the hidden lab is even harder in the Windows version, thus making the game nearly impossible to complete. (As if it wasn't already, argh. 😀)

Yes, it’s my fault.