VOGONS

First post, by tsampikos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

When i try to install Time Paradox (Flair Software, 1996, Adventure) i receive the message "an installation error has occured, use install on exit".
I use DOSBox and D-Fend reloaded and i've never had this problem before with any game. I mount correctly cd-rom and hard disk.Does anybody have reached the same problem with this game?Any ideas?

Reply 3 of 7, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Try dropping the frontend and do a manual install in a clean folder:

Read my 60 Seconds Guide to DOSBox (and don't just read it - follow it too).

If that doesn't help, come back with details on how you mounted your C and D drives, how you did the install, how you configured sound, music etc.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 4 of 7, by tsampikos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you very much for your replies.I didn't write more infos about my system, because i don't think that it's a technical issue.It's the only game that gives a so strange message. Anyway i will try a manual configuration and i will let you now if there's something new.😀 .

Reply 5 of 7, by tsampikos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I solved the Problem! It was my antivirus programm (AVG) which caused the error message.
I was sure that it was not a technical issue, because the error message came allways before the installation progress.
I did presume that AVG could be the reason because i was receiving the message "unknown .exe.com" wenn i tried to access the files "install.bat" or "install.exe" of the CD content.
What i didn't know was that it was not enought just to shut AVG down, but i had to uninstall it completely.As i did this, the game installed normally.

Reply 6 of 7, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It was probably the AVG service. When you shut the GUI down it probably didn't shut down the service.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline