VOGONS

First post, by skwatter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am having a hell of a time getting the music to run on this game.
I've tried all I know to get it working and I fail.
I've tried VDM Sound, I've tried SAPUCDEX, none work.
I've tried looking in the forums already speaking of this, but I can't spawn a solution from any of them.

The most I've got out of the above listed and dosbox is the game play, cut scenes, and sound EFFECTS, but no music. There is also no sound in the 3D CG cutscenes at the beginning.

However, in the fmv cut scenes I do hear the actors' voices.

I mount my C:\ drive, just like any other game Mount c c:\dosgames
I mount my D:\ drive, just like any other game Mount j d:\ -t cd -ioctl

I go to the d:|> and type "install". Smooth sailing. It copies the files and I select my sound card. Great. But everything except the game play SFX (gunshots and death groans) and the fmv cut scenes (live action) are muted.

What can I do?

Reply 1 of 4, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

1) VDMSound and SAPUDEX is alternatives to DOSBox. They are not meant to be used WITH DOSbox.

2) Try mount J D:\ -t cdrom

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 4, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

And while you're at it, do the following for me:

Start a game, don't move, and just shoot single shots every two seconds. Could you try this? After the 10th shot or so, my weapons start to get "stuck" and keeps firing. It makes the game unplayable because ammo is vital.

Reply 3 of 4, by skwatter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I got the cd music to work perfectly. I don't know how, but it works perfectly.
ON DOSBOX. No SAPUCDEX, no VDM Sound, Just Dosbox. Awesome little program, no?

Anyways, Red_avatar...

I have heard of this Ammo depletion problem from many different sources.
I tired what you said. I also tried what I believed would trigger such a bug.
I can't remember a time when it happened. I was clicking the fire button all sorts of different ways: Slowly, Quickly, at steady/fast intervals, Held down the cursor, then let up, then held down...

It only happened 1 or 2 times throughout all that. I Don't know what's going on.
Even if that problem was fixed, it wouldn't really matter. This ass-load of a game is still unbelievably difficult.
Even on EASY.

Reply 4 of 4, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
red_avatar wrote:

Start a game, don't move, and just shoot single shots every two seconds. Could you try this? After the 10th shot or so, my weapons start to get "stuck" and keeps firing. It makes the game unplayable because ammo is vital.

this bug isn't dosbox specific, happens often on actual machines, including 486s

The CD music works here, but it's so crap it's not even worth the trouble to fix imo ;P

apsosig.png
long live PCem