VOGONS

First post, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

When I try to run Wizardry 6 after installing I get the message, "SYSTEM ERROR: Unable to Load System Fonts".

I've looked in various places but didnt see any solutions about this. Does anyone know the reason for this error?

Running w/ DosBox0.72 Vista (Have given Dosbox write abilities).

Reply 2 of 4, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
eL_PuSHeR wrote:

Mounting commands used?

Heres how it is and how it was when I attempted to run it:

mount C e:\games\vintage\
# mount A a:\
# pause
# mount d h:\ -t cdrom
path=c:\
c:

I also just copied this install over to my XP sp2 machine and ran it with the same results. I'm going to try to reinstall again and see if it makes any difference.

Reply 3 of 4, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

You should probably uncomment the 'mount d' stuff.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 4 of 4, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MiniMax wrote:

You should probably uncomment the 'mount d' stuff.

Sometimes I get error messages when I leave all of those assignments active so I tend to activate them when I need them, I tried to put the pause in there to fix the weird error messages but it didn't seem to work.

Anyways I got Wizardry 6 running...I had to manually unzip all 3 disks that came with the game instead of using the install program which only asked for 2 of the 3 disks (I assumed because of the graphics options chosen) however maybe there was a required file on the disk that it didn't use during the install that caused this whole thing. A bug hanging around for years and years heh...It was the Radioshack edition of the game maybe they screwed it up.

Thanks for all the help I really appreciate it.