VOGONS

First post, by rickster7879

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can get the game to start, however, I can't get the game to save. The first thing the game requires you to do is create and save a character. When I try and hit save it says "insert save disk"...I hit enter, and then it says "did you insert save disk?"

Can you even get games to save with dosbox? Won't be able to play without it.

I'm also missing the sound, but I can live with that I guess.

Please help, this is a cool game, and would love to play it again.

Thanks

Reply 1 of 2, by wildweasel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Champions of Krynn...that's one of those AD&D Gold Box games, isn't it? It sounds to me like it's looking for a blank floppy disk. If you don't have/want to use a floppy disk, you could try creating a directory elsewhere on your hard drive, and then mount that as the A drive through DOSBox. (You might also have to do -t floppy when you mount it, so that Krynn believes that there is a floppy inserted.)

wwsig2-button1.pngwwsig2-center.pngwwsig2-button2.png

Reply 2 of 2, by Xelasarg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You'll need to edit the krynn.cfg file in your COK directory. In the forth line, replace the entry A:\ with the one of your COK save directory. In my case that's C:\AD&D\COK\SAVE\ (my real dir E:\DOSGames being mounted as C:\)
Note: it's important to add the \ behind the dir name (...SAVE\), otherwise COK still won't be able to load or save.

"What's a paladin?!"