VOGONS

First post, by silverfoxx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Been a while since i made a post, mainly cause id given up hope cause one of my cds broke. Now im trying again, this time with dosbox.

I made my entire collection of cd's (6) into one dvd. I followed instructions from the installer:

HD/DVD Installer for The Pandora Directive

This is great i now have one DVD called "Pandora1" however, how the hell do i get this working with pandora directive and dosbox. I tried all sorts of things with mounting, from general mount d E:\ -t cdrom to mount d E:\ -t cdrom -label PANDORA1 -usecd 0

ive been able to get it to the menu after that i start a new game and it asks for cd2..

Has anyone been able to get this to work? Or does someone know the solution?

Thanks

PS. PC Specs are:
Processor: 1,67 Ghz AMD 2000+
Sound: Avanche 97 onboard sound
Graphics: 128mb geforce 6600gt asus
Motherboard: Albatronic K400-8x pro
1,5 Gig RAM Memory
1x 40 GB Harddisk
1x 80 GB Harddisk

How do i get pandora to work propperly?!

Reply 1 of 7, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The best way to do this, is not by merging the DVDs but by creating BIN/CUE files of all 6 CDs. Then you can burn these BIN/CUE files on DVD and imgmount them in DOSBOX. That's IMGmount, not regular mount. With imgmount you can mount lots of BIN/CUE files and use the CTRL F4 (I believe) command to swap CD images inside Dosbox.

Reply 2 of 7, by silverfoxx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

so basicly i put like 6 .bin/cue files on a dvd and than select them to be mounted when starting dosbox through imgmount?

well if that works thats great but does that mean i wasted a cd with the merger method?

Reply 3 of 7, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Might depend on the exact version of the game, and stuff like that,
so you'll never have a definite answer to that.
Safest thing to do is to create the 6 cue/bin pairs of the cdroms as
red_avatar said, leaving them on the harddisk. Then check if the
game works fine, if it does burn the stuff on a dvd.

Reply 4 of 7, by silverfoxx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

okay, ill try that..thanks for the help..im pretty close to finally playing one of my all time favorites..ill update this thread if it worked or not 😀

Reply 5 of 7, by silverfoxx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks to you guys and
http://www.fourthlaw.com/2007/03/20/tex-murph … -dosbox-wo-cds/

im now able to play pandora directive. Thanks a million ive been trying since 2001 to get it working again and always with a lot of bugs. It works smooth now and i will burn a dvd of the images soon (i made .iso instead of .bin/cue and it works just as well)

Thanks for the support and help to everyone who helped me now and somewhere 2004 😜

Reply 6 of 7, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

don't complaign if the music doesn't work then 😉
(I don't know if the game uses audio tracks or not)

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!