VOGONS

First post, by olddosuser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am really enjoying use DosBox the last few days. I only wish I had more stuff to try. Most of it is on 3.5 floppies. I may have to get a USB drive now to copy them and burn em to cd. I did this with some floppies years ago but not all of them.

I just tried to change the fullscreen res. to my native 1366x768. It made dosbox look like a square box in the middle of the scrren. I thought maybe I could use the entire screen to display. Oh well, I changed it back to original. The preen uses the the entire width, but not the height. It looks like watching a DVD move on a tv. I can live with it.

Where can i get free dos apps/games ? Also, is there a way I get change to default HD space that Dosbox uses (250mb)? It might be nice to addd this in a future version. Btw, what kind of features should we expect in the next version? Keep up the great work.

Reply 2 of 9, by olddosuser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
robertmo wrote:

output=openglnb
aspect=true
read the readme

I am so sorry. I should have read the readme file. This program is more versatile than I thought. I even have an old Com program that sees my modem. The only feature I might need one day is printer support. I don't have a printer right now, but may get one one day. I guess I have to use the MegaBuild version then.

I do have Turbo C++ 3.0. Maybe I can get the source code for printer support and add it in the source code of DosBox 0.73. This way I wont have to worry about the extra stuff in MegaBuild.

I tried the aspect and output setting with no change in display. That's ok I can live with the screen resolution. The one annoy thing is that the date/time stamp format n DosBox. I wish it was standard time and mm/dd/yyyy. Oh well.

The only changes I have made to the conf file is fullscreen=true, machine=vgaonly, serial3=directserial realport:COM3.

I also added lines in autoexec.bat section to mount a folder to c drive and mount my cdrom drive. This is so cool. 😎

Reply 3 of 9, by olddosuser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I solved the resolution prob. I set fullresolution=1366x768. That is my native resolution on my Vista laptop. I then set output=ddraw. This is the key line. Now the program uses all the screen real estate. It now looks like the old crt 640x480.

MS abandon DOS for stability. Leave it to non-MS programmers to figure out to make DOS and Windows live together and still have stability.