VOGONS

CVS Builds (once a week)

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 123, by murlock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
jez wrote:

From CVS? So, you can run ./autogen.sh and ./configure from MSVC6, can you?

Yes from CVS and no, you don't need to use autogen.sh & configure.

You open the .DSP (or .DSW) with VC6 and specify where are the includes and librairies of SDL, PNG and NCurses

if you want changes somes settings, look for config.h in src/platform/visualc

Reply 21 of 123, by rjpa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
murlock wrote:

Yes from CVS and no, you don't need to use autogen.sh & configure.

You open the .DSP (or .DSW) with VC6 and specify where are the includes and librairies of SDL, PNG and NCurses

if you want changes somes settings, look for config.h in src/platform/visualc

murlock, can you please provide me with a small guide, how you compile DOSBox with SDL,SDL_net,LIBPNG,ZLIB and Debug mode via Visual C++ 6.0 ?? So I can provide users with CVS versions with both debug and without..

/rjpa

Reply 22 of 123, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

don't use Visual C++ 6.

it creates wrong code......
Sorry.

We switched to vs.net

You'll need to compile SDL with an option so it doesn't grab the std in and std output.

and then configure pdcurses or another curses...
Will see if I can get it running myself...

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 24 of 123, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

edited first post to display debug released version as well

Snover: hmm still problems. I saw harekiet committed quite some fixes yesterday or so....

Reply 25 of 123, by jez

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

We switched to vs.net

You'll need to compile SDL with an option so it doesn't grab the std in and std output.

Or use a real compiler, like MingW or Cygwin gcc 😉

BTW that option you're talking about is probably ./configure --disable-stdio-redirect and it's mentioned in my other thread about DOSbox as a console application.

== Jez ==

Reply 27 of 123, by rjpa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Carrera wrote:

Total N00b question: What is CVS?
What is it good for?

Where I come from it is a pharmacy chain...

It is the latest developer release, not stable and not supported. But it runs some protected mode games.

/rjpa

Reply 28 of 123, by murlock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've try to compil the CVS version with the third post on this potics and it's doesn't works with MinGw:

No ./configure and if I run autogen.sh no autogen, autoconfig, autolocal ...

If I get the archive from http://pcnwstage.phys.rug.nl/dosboxcvs.tgz , all is perfect except maybe : which version of CVS I use ?

Another Remarks:
If I read the Post, when I've made the ./configure for SDL, I've got a DirectX librairies: No, Is SDL in this case use only GDI ?

Maybe there is somes steps to add for use the CVS version with MinGW...

Reply 29 of 123, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
murlock wrote:

I've try to compil the CVS version with the third post on this potics and it's doesn't works with MinGw:

No ./configure and if I run autogen.sh no autogen, autoconfig, autolocal ...

If I get the archive from http://pcnwstage.phys.rug.nl/dosboxcvs.tgz , all is perfect except maybe : which version of CVS I use ?

the regular cvs never has a configure (and probably never will).
The archive at http://pcnwstage.phys.rug.nl has it. That's because I add it to it. You'd better use that version. It's updated twice a day with the current cvs code so you lag at most 12 hours.

Qbix

Reply 33 of 123, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
nuclear0508 wrote:

you compress the exe file with aspack.
can you pack it by upx or do not compress it?.

Any particular reason for that ?

the resulting exe's are accaptable for it's size.

Reply 34 of 123, by rjpa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
nuclear0508 wrote:

you compress the exe file with aspack.
can you pack it by upx or do not compress it?.

Why shouldn't I pack it? I doesn't matter, the build system automatically compresses it using ASPack. It doesn't decrease any performance at all.

/rjpa

Reply 35 of 123, by BatCountry

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Getting the CVS to compile under MingW:

Very first thing. Pick up msys, the minimal system for MingW. This gives you a basic sh to run scripts in.

First of all, you're going to have to run "./autogen.sh". For that you'll either need a LOT of junk for msys, like automake and autoconf (which each have mad dependencies), or you could just pick up a small install of cygwin and run "./autogen.sh" under that. (which I did).

Second, if everything succeeded in autogen, start up msys, switch to your dosbox CVS directory, then run "./configure". Remember you're going to need SDL (so compile that and move its includes and libs into somewhere the compiler can find them), libpng (for screenshots, optional; and its dependencies: libz - rename to zlib), and (if you want debugger) curses

Done with all that? Good. If configure worked out all right, you should have a makefile. Know what to do with that? If so, great, if not, type "make", then when that gizmo is done, type "make install".

When that's all done, good lord willin' and the crick don't rise, you've got "dosbox.exe" in your msys path under "/usr/local/bin". If not, well, er, you've got problems.

😮

Reply 37 of 123, by rjpa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
necrolust wrote:

Was anyone able to get the OCT02 build? I'm seeing a 1k zip file.

Over at files.pixelz.org it is complete, download the build, it should be quite much larger than 1k.

/rjpa

10 PRINT "rjpa rocks!";
20 GOTO 10

Reply 38 of 123, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I think you need to go to
http://forums.pixelz.org

It contains instructions on how to get it. (it has been moved to another location)

Reply 39 of 123, by rjpa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
necrolust wrote:

Was anyone able to get the OCT02 build? I'm seeing a 1k zip file.

Yes, go to http://forums.pixelz.org and sign up. And then read the instructions on how to download the builds.

Cheers
rjpa

10 PRINT "rjpa rocks!";
20 GOTO 10