VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Old Ben

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just want to thank all the folks that created DosBox.

Last night I downloaded and installed DosBox to try to play my all time old favorite game, Master of Magic. I loved this game back in the days and played it so much. Everything installed without any problems and set up was easy. I played MOM for almost 4 hours without any problems as I did on my old DOS computer of many years ago. I'm in my late 60's and still an avid gamer. Currently still running Windows XP.

Thanks again for letting me relive my old best game memories.

Cheers

Reply 2 of 8, by Xelasarg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
eL_PuSHeR wrote:

DOSBox is great.

That's too much of an understatement - the DOSBox crew should be rewarded with a Nobel prize 😉

"What's a paladin?!"

Reply 3 of 8, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Xelasarg wrote:
eL_PuSHeR wrote:

DOSBox is great.

That's too much of an understatement - the DOSBox crew should be rewarded with a Nobel prize 😉

The Nobel committee lost whatever credibility they had left after they gave one to Obama for doing nothing. It's not such a high honor anymore.

Reply 4 of 8, by Freddo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sliderider wrote:

The Nobel committee lost whatever credibility they had left after they gave one to Obama for doing nothing. It's not such a high honor anymore.

Eh, the Nobel peace prize gone bonkers since the 80s, it didn't start with Obama. However, it's worth mentioning that the peace prize is sort of a Nobel price spin-off in Norway, and not done by the main Nobel committee in Sweden. The nobel prices for physics, chemistry, physiology or medicine and literature are still quite relevant.

Old Ben wrote:

I'm very grateful for this too, it's great to be able to play the DOS classics without any hassle on a modern computer 😀 (my DOS computer haven't been touched for years now).

Reply 5 of 8, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Freddo wrote:

Eh, the Nobel peace prize gone bonkers since the 80s, it didn't start with Obama.

Considering that the US is never at peace, receiving any such prize for it has always sounded more like an insult to me.

Reply 7 of 8, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks here as well! I discovered DosBox during the 0.6x releases. Up until then I had relied on my trusty real-mode DOS Optiplex, not that I still don't have/use it. But DosBox is a mainstay on my Alienware laptop, despite the newer technology in it. I remember playing Ultima V one time at my folks' house and my dad got this big grin on his face when he saw it on the m11x. We still haven't beaten that darn game...1988 and going!

"The height of strategy, is to attack your opponent’s strategy” -Sun Tzu
“Make your fighting stance, your everyday stance and make your everyday stance, your fighting stance.” - Musashi
SET BLASTER = A220 I5 D1 T3 P330 E620 OMG WTF BBQ

Reply 8 of 8, by Gene Wirchenko

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Old Ben wrote:

I just want to thank all the folks that created DosBox.

<snip>

Thanks are also due from those of us who use DOSBox to run non-game apps appreciate DOSBox, even if our use is not recommended.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko