VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by roko232

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hello. I know from version 0.65 or higher, you can record video with DOSBOX. I have version 0.74, I tried to record using the key combination ctrl + alt + F5, and it can not record. Like when I click on it, nothing happens. Nothing at all.

I have all codecs, so I have no idea why I can not.

Does anyone have any idea why I can not record? Do you have to be something when you start recording? That I have not listed anything .. Thanks in advance for those who help.

Reply 1 of 8, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Which Operating system do you use ?
You don't need any codecs to record video, only to display them.
Check the status screen (the other window) for more information if you press the key combo.

If nothing is reported and you are using Linux/Mac OS X, be sure that this key combination is send to dosbox.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 8, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You should see HDD activity while it's recording games. But there needs to be movement on the screen.

Give D-Fend reloaded a go as it has a browser showing recorded videos and also tells you when it's recording.

Reply 4 of 8, by roko232

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Eventually I Successful to record, just did not know it was recording.

Now there is another problem. The recording resolution is 320x200, and the screen appears to me a small screen.

There is a way to determine the resolution of the recording and various recording settings?

Reply 5 of 8, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

320 x 200 is the correct resolution. The video player will scale it larger and most have settings to correct the aspect ratio.

If you want to make a YouTube video you have to aspect correct and upscale first.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 6 of 8, by roko232

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok. I have another question. How do I set the recording frame rate? I get frame rate is 70.09fps, and the picture moved me quickly.

For me it's best 25fps frame rate, and I want to accept it in a video recording.

Reply 8 of 8, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ora avidemux which I now use instead of virtualdub.

The other option is you play in a window and record the desktop with tools like Fraps, Cam Studio, Camtasia...

This also makes it a lot easier to record your own speech if you are doing a let's play video or something like that.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel