VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Simulacrum

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

First of all, I know very little about computers, and I can be a bit slow when I'm being given instructions to do things on a computer because of it, so please try to be patient with me.

So, I have DOSBox and TES: Arena stored on a 4 GB flash drive(I downloaded the 10th anniversary edition that Bethesda released as a free download). My parents will only let me install it on the laptop, but there's something wrong with the laptop, which makes it slow, and it overheats easily. I can run DOSBox from the flash drive, but I can't play Arena when I run DOSBox from the flash drive. My flash drive is F:\ , so I'm assuming it's treating it as a directory. The problem is, when i try to mount it to F:\ it says that it doesn't exist(or something like that). So what do I mount so that I can play Arena without installing it on the computer?

aFu_DoublePosters.gif

Reply 1 of 3, by ripa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Post the exact thing you're typing in dosbox. It should work like this in Dosbox:
Z:\> mount c f:\
Z:\> c:
Z:\> cd ARENA
C:\ARENA> ARENA

(assuming you've installed arena to f:\arena)

Reply 2 of 3, by Freddo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Put DOSBox in a folder on the USB drive. Then make a folder in the DOSBox folder called DOSGAMES or whatever and place the ARENA folder in there.

Then launch DOSBox an write this
MOUNT C DOSGAMES
C:
CD ARENA
ARENA

This way you can play the game on any computer even if the USB drive get another letter.