VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by TrajkLogik

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
I've recently downloaded DOSBox after setting up a couple of old 486's and Pentiums and playing my old DOS games on them. Some of the games that didn't work on the PC's actually work on DOSBox! Amazing!
I do have one small issue with some of the games. I noticed that some games, like Wild Science Arcade and Hero's Quest II Trial By Fire, when played in DOSBox, play the music, but I don't get any sound, like the voices and sound effects and such. Anyone know of any reason for this? Thanks in advance.

Reply 3 of 3, by TrajkLogik

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the quick replies. I tried changing the config file [sblaster] section to use IRQ 5, instead of 7, but saw no change. I started playing around with the other [sblaster] settings and found that when I changed sbtype= from sb16 to sbpro1, the Wild Science Arcade voices worked.

I remember Hero's Quest II not having voice in the game but I thought I remember the djinni in the Introduction movie laughing. I get the music, I get the sound of the djinni clappping, but no laugh. Even after I made the change that fixed the Wild Science Arcade game. Oh well, no biggy.

Thanks for your help!