VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by tetsuo0809

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,
first, i have to apologize for my bad english but i will do my best to be understandable.
Here is my question, i have bought recently a umpc mainly to play old games with dosbox. The problem is that the touchscreen doesn't work properly under dos games, the mouse goes all over the screen by itself.
I would like to know if someone have plans to add touchscreen support for dosbox ? Since it has already been done for the gp2x version of dosbox i think that it wouldn't be too much difficult to do. If someone can answer my question it would be nice. Thanks

Reply 1 of 3, by Pickle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It worked for the GP2X since the SDL was modified to use emulate the touchscreen as a mouse device. I would think your running windows and I dont know if the SDL windows build supports touchscreen, my guess is that doesnt. Which if that is the case you need to get SDL modified not dosbox.

Reply 2 of 3, by tetsuo0809

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It seems that you are right. SDL was modified by a guy named paeryn. He added touchscreen suport. So i guess all i have to do is find the modified SDL and recompile dosbox with it, am i right ?
I have tried recompiling dosbox before and it wasn't that easy .I guess i will try again and hope it will work this time.
Anyway, i'd like to thank you for your answer, it seems the community actually care about people who are posting here, that's cool.

Reply 3 of 3, by Pickle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Be aware thats touchscreen support for the GP2X, it wont necessarily work on a windows platform or any other machine.
On the other hand you dont really need to rebuild dosbox, just SDL. Reason being in windows SDL is link by DLL (dynamic linked lib). So you can change SDL, recompile it and it should just work with the released dosbox version.