VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by lordlupin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all,

i've just downloaded DBGL for the first time and tried using it to load MoO2.

i have set up a profile for MoO2 and it successfully mounts but when it tries to load the game i get an error message saying 'Cannot locate all games files. Please insert CD or re-install.'

Since i'm new to dosbox, and DBGL, i was hoping that someone might be able to suggest what is wrong so that i can get this game working. All i did in the DBGL profile for MoO2 was to put in the name of the game, developer, and set the dos 'orion2.exe' file for mounting. I've changed no other options.

I'm using DBGL v0.60 and it uses dosbox v0.72.

Cheers

p.s. if i don't use dosbox DBGL, i can get the game loaded using the dos version in win98 compatability mode but when it gets to the first movie, it crashes.

Reply 1 of 2, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Did you install MoO2 from DOSBox? Sounds like you might have installed it directly from Windows, and now, running in DOSBox, the file paths has changed due to the mount command.

Mount that CD in DBGL and then re-install from DOSBox. My 60 seconds guide is worth a read too.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions