VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Lime

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi y'all,
been running DOSbox for a couple of days now (latest version) and decided to play Elite II (Frontier). Found out that the intro was very heavy, and decided to go and change cpu style to Dynamic.

I changed it ok, but when I was about to save, windows first told me "cannot find file" and brought up the explorer to pick the right file. I did, and it asked me if i wanted to overwrite.

I answered yes, and got the message "cannot find file". sh*t.

Tried once again, and it told me that I had to ask the admin if i was allowed to do this (I'm the admin for F's sake!) but there was no "run as admin" button.
Once more.

this time, windows tried to save it as a .txt file instead, and it still didn't work. Im getting sick and tired of this. Vista drives me nuts with all safety measures.

Please help!!!
PS: sorry for the bad english.

Reply 1 of 4, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

All you have to do is right-click whichever folder your games are in and give "users" full access
or
Right-click on DosBox go to the compatibility tab and check the "Run as admin" checkbox to run the program as administrator permanently
or
Turn off UAC.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 4, by Lime

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, thanks.
Actually, I tried once more, and thought "oh, yeah, i'd forgotten about that" so it actually worked 😊
but, as i said, thanks for the quick answer (no offense intended)